We are making great progress!
First, I must say how humbled I am by your support. Thousands of you all over this great country have joined our movement since our public launch just 8 days ago. Many of you are expressing real concern about the ongoing attack on our right to speak freely as American’s. I never thought we would see the day when corporate America, working together with members of government, would work so hard to try and eliminate our right to express our opinions. For many, it looks as though we are losing this fight for our First Amendment right. Not true! The continued protection of free speech in this country lies with us, the American people. There is power in numbers, and there are more of us than there are of them. As long as our fortitude remains strong, as long as we stick together as a family, we will win this fight. This is why it is so important that you tell your friends and family to join our movement quickly. Our goal is to reach 500,000 members by the end of this year and reach 5 Million members by the end of 2023. United, we can!
Last week, I promised you an update on our infrastructure and expenditures. So, here it is:
• We are in the final round of interviews as we look to identify our first Vice President of Operations. This person will lead our day-to-day operations as we work fast, but diligently, at setting up departments and teams crucial to reaching our first-year goals.
• Speak Freely America is now a registered corporation in the State of Nevada and we are now working with our legal team to have our 501(c)3 status approved with the IRS. Although our movement is called “The Free Speech Movement,” our corporate name is Speak Freely America
. • Corporate Board Members and Advisory Board Members have been chosen. I purposely have these two layers of accountability teams in place so that when we make crucial decisions on how we grow our movement, or where we allocate your contributions, we have wise counselors to provide added guidance and perspective before final decisions are made. I have asked our board members to make it extremely difficult for us to make a wrong decision.
• We have retained an accounting firm to manage your contributions. I have directed the leadership of this firm to hold my team accountable for making sure every dollar is spent wisely and legally.
• A small office has been secured in Alexandria, Virginia (20 miles outside of Washington D.C.) to be close to our government officials as we seek to influence policy change that protects our right to free speech. We are not there to play “footsie” with politicians, we are there to demand change. We go in and get the job done and we get out! We will not conform to D.C., D.C. will conform to we the people.
• We have contracted with PJ Media to produce our first promotional videos, which will be ready for release within thirty days.
• A team of volunteers is in place helping us with the setup of our website, social media presence, and marketing strategies. They are literally working around the clock to get us set up quickly.
• We have retained three journalists to lead all of our blog and article content efforts. continued
My friends, we have accomplished all this in just 8 days - we are truly making history! I will come to you next week with even more updates. Again, thank you for your support. I hope we are earning your trust. We have a lot to accomplish, but we can’t make a real difference until we have a solid infrastructure in place. Finally, I’m thankful to all of our volunteers who are working hard to see our movement become a powerful force for such a time as this. In fact, I am writing this update at 3:30am PST - so I too, am working around the clock with you!
Until next week,
Richard M. Salazar Jr.
P.S. Follow us on Facebook and stay close to our website!